CBD, also referred to as cannabidiol, is a major phyto-cannabinoid in the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids are chemical compounds that attach to particular receptors in the central nervous system and act as chemical messengers. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD doesn’t have psychoactive qualities. It offers a variety of health applications such as pain relief from conditions like backaches and reducing seizures in epilepsy patients.
At EV Naturals, we strive to provide our clients with nothing but the best sleep and insomnia CBD oil products.
CBD Use for Sleep & Insomnia
According to research, the endocannabinoid system, or ECS, plays a major function in keeping body functions such as regulating circadian rhythms, sleep, and mood in check.
The ECS is made up of three main components: Enzymes, endocannabinoids, and receptors.
The enzymes break down endocannabinoids after they have completed their function. The two main enzymes that perform this are:
- Monoacylglycerol acid lipase that breaks down 2-AG
- Fatty acid amide hydrolase that breaks down AEA
Endocannabinoids, also known as endogenous cannabinoids, are molecules created by the body. There are two key types as of now:
- 2-arachidonoylglyerol (2-AG)
- Anandamide (AEA)
Endocannabinoid receptors are found all over the body. Endocannabinoids bind to them to signal that the ECS needs to play its role. The two main receptors are:
- CB1 receptors, that are mostly located in the CNS (Central Nervous System)
- CB2 receptors that are mostly present in the peripheral nervous system, specifically the immune cells
CBD interacts with specific receptors in the brain, affecting the sleep/wake cycle.
Types of CBD Products for Sleep & Insomnia
- CBD edibles, like gummies: These are edible candies that contain cannabidiol oil. Some of the major benefits of choosing them are they require no dosage, are an easy way to take CBD, and they come in an array of shapes, flavors, colors, and sizes. They help in prolonging sleep time since they release CBD slowly.
- CBD vape concentrates: Granted, you may experience side effects such as appetite changes and dry mouth after vaping CBD oil, but the benefits are worth the slight inconvenience. It’s an easy way to take in CBD into the body. Users of this method also report experiencing faster cannabidiol effects after vaping.
- CBD oils: They are a blend of hemp seed oil, coconut oil, vegetable glycerin base, and MCT oil. They are highly potent and are, therefore, taken in dosages sublingually. Most people include them in food and drink recipes for more natural consumption.
- CBD tinctures: They contain alcohol, have a long shelf life, and higher bioavailability than CBD oil. The main similarities between them and CBD oils are they are both in liquid form and are taken under the tongue.
Choose EV Naturals for All-Natural CBD Oil Products for Sleep & Insomnia
At EV Naturals, we treat our clients like family. We offer quality sleep products at reasonable prices. They are legal and are lab-tested for extra effectiveness.
Our efficient and skillful staff is always available to get you the right product for your condition.