Full spectrum CBD products, can consists of more than 100 active compounds that can impact your body in several ways. These extracts originate from cannabis plants and are known as cannabinoids. Due to the growing interest and potential health benefits of CBD products, many individuals are looking toward consuming CBD products as a potential alternative for various medical applications.
Unlike THC which are derived from marijuana plants, CBD is extracted from hemp plants. CBD does not provide consumers with a “high” sensation. Some might feel the opposite instead, having a chilled and relaxed feeling.
Potential Therapeutic Benefits of CBD
Recent research shows that CBD may have the potential to reduce several discomforts such as:
- Anxiety and depression
- Pain and inflammation
- Sores and aches
Regardless of what you are using CBD products for, you might want to consider giving yourself the right amount of dosage. Figuring out how much CBD to take might be difficult, especially if you are just starting out. Currently, there is no official recommended dosage, however, you can always start as low as 20mg per day and work your way up from there.
Here is how you can determine the right CBD dosage for your applications.
Factors That Can Affect Your CBD Dosage
Consuming the right amount of CBD can depend on a range of factors.
- Body chemistry and metabolism
- The condition you are trying to address
- Different ways of consumption
Depending on how you are planning to take your CBD, there are several ways you can consume your CBD products that can affect your CBD dosage. As CBD extract comes in different forms, the concentration level of CBD can differ from one another.
- Topical– CBD extracts that come in topical forms such as lotion, cream, or balm, are typically applied to the affected area of your body. As these are external applications, it may take hours before you can feel the potential effect of your CBD product.
- Edibles– One of the common ways of consuming CBD extract is by ingesting them. You can either ingest them through gummies, capsules, or pills. If you are unsure of how much CBD to take, you can always refer to the concentration levels that are usually located on the bottle itself.
- Sublingual– The sublingual method is known as one of the most effective ways of consuming your CBD product. This form of CBD typically comes in a tincture, filled with CBD oil. Depending on the total amount of CBD extract in a bottle, you can rationalize your dosage easily. The amount of CBD can usually be found on the dropper bottle.
The Appropriate Dosage
As mentioned above, there are plenty of variables to go through before deciding on the appropriate dosage for your consumption. If you are still unsure about how much CBD to take, you can always seek help from medical professionals. It is highly recommended to start as low as 20mg a day and slowly increase the amount until you feel that the CBD product is starting to take effect on your body. CBD may be a potential alternative for several medical applications but is yet to be a substitute for such claims.